FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- It is the ONLY way to apply for federal student aid
- Largest provider of student financial aid in the nation
- $150 billion offered annually to help millions of students pay for college or career school
Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov.
Filing for FAFSA is essential for students planning on attending college or career school. FAFSA first! is here to help make the application process as easy as possible.
There are two major changes for the 2017-2018 FAFSA application that will make it easier and quicker for you.
- The FAFSA is available earlier. This year, the FAFSA “start” date has been moved up to Oct. 1, three months earlier than in past years. File your FAFSA now, so you can receive financial aid award offers from schools sooner and make informed decisions about college or career school affordability.
- You can now use your 2015 Income Tax Return information. The process is easier this year because you should already have your 2015 income tax information. You can even use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information directly from the IRS website into your FAFSA to avoid errors.