FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- It is the ONLY way to apply for federal student aid
- Largest provider of student financial aid in the nation
- $150 billion offered annually to help millions of students pay for college or career school
Complete the FAFSA online at studentaid.gov.
FAFSA completion guide Click Here.
Filing for FAFSA is essential for students planning on attending college or career school. FAFSA first! is here to help make the application process as easy as possible.
For your 2023-2024 FAFSA application, remember these two things.
- The FAFSA is available as of Oct. 1. File your FAFSA now, so you can receive financial aid award offers from schools sooner and make informed decisions about college or career school affordability.
- You can use your 2021 Income Tax Return information. The process is easier because you should already have your 2021 income tax information. You can even use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information directly from the IRS website into your FAFSA to avoid errors.