anta Fe College, in Gainesville, Florida, is the 2015 recipient of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. Selected from among thousands of colleges, Santa Fe has a completion rate of 62 percent compared with the national average of 40 percent, and 70 percent of Santa Fe’s students are accepted at the University of Florida, in Gainesville. Since 2002, Jackson Sasser has been president of Santa Fe College. He attributes the college’s success to the faculty and the students and the “culture of excellence” that exists throughout the campus. In this 21st–Century Center interview, Sasser discusses some of the college’s successful programs and reflects on factors that have contributed to its achievements.
- UnMazed: May 2019 – Teen’s Guide to Summer May 20, 2019
- NEWS-PRESS: FutureMakers: Pre-Kindergarten is a necessity for student success in Florida May 17, 2019
- NEWS-PRESS: Collaboration is Key for workforce development May 15, 2019
- NEWS-PRESS: Get Involved with the FutureMakers Coalition May 1, 2019
- NEWS-PRESS: Sustaining the future of SWFL’s workforce April 30, 2019
UnMazed: May 2019 – Teen’s Guide to Summer
FutureMakers CoalitionMay 20, 2019