Susan E. Block, Ed.M. is the Chief Executive Officer of the Early Learning Coalition of Southwest Florida and an extraordinary example of a FutureMakers champion. Susan has a strong background in professional development for child care administrators and staff and currently leads the Aspiration and Preparation regional action team and is a member of Guiding Team within the FutureMakers Coalition. In addition, Susan also leads the Parent Communication project team for the Coalition. She has extensive experience working with staff of child care centers, Head-Start, and public school pre-kindergarten teachers as a coach and mentor in the quality improvement process. Currently, Susan and her fellow Early Learning FutureMakers are collaborating on writing a children’s book with the goal of increasing participation in the Florida Voluntary Pre-kindergarten program which is free for all Florida residents and promotes kindergarten readiness. With a belief that, ultimately, early learning has a huge impact on us all, Susan sees early learning as an integral foundation for strengthening children, their families, communities and ultimately, the workforce.
- UnMazed: August 2019 – Teens Guide to Florida College Admissions August 19, 2019
- Spotlight: Susan E. Block, Ed.M, FutureMaker August 2, 2019
- FutureMakers receives $10,000 Bank of America Charitable Foundation Grant July 25, 2019
- Governor DeSantis signs bill to support postsecondary attainment July 10, 2019
- Spotlight: Andy Getch, FutureMaker July 10, 2019